Pandora(Anneli Magnusson) is a swedish artist. She was most popular during the mid 1990s in the Nordic countries, in Asia and Australia in the end of 1990s to mid 2000s. Pandora has released 12 albums since 1993. At the begining her musical style was eurodance and in the 2000s style changed more mature and pop orientated. After 2006 she changed her style back to dance music.
- Name: Karin Anneli Catarina Pandora Magnusson
- Born: June 20, 1970.
- Eyes: Blue.
- Height: 1,63 m.
- Civil status: Her son Leon, fiancé Mikko Peltonen.
Did you know?
- Recorded a duet called “Every second beat” with no less than Eric Martin from the US rock band Mr Big. The song was written by guitarist Kee Marcello, from the worldwide famous rock band Europe.
- In 1999 Pandora recorded the song “On a night like this” in the UK with famous producers Metro Production (Tina Turner, Enrique Iglesias, Cher, Celine Dion). The year after, i.e. year 2000, Kylie Minouge recorded a similar version of the song and performed it at the Olympics in Sydney. The “theft” of Pandora’s song became big news in the Daily Mag - The Sun.
- During 2001 Pandora’s hit single "Don´t Worry" was the most played song of the year on Radio NRJ in Finland.
- Pandora participated in Melodifestivalen twice with the songs "You," in 2003, and "Runaway," in 2004.
- Since 2004 Pandora arranges an annual charity concert for the homeless in her hometown Västerås. It’s an event full of famous artists performing for the homeless and a thousand other guests. In 2006 Johnny Logan was her guest of honour.
- After selling more than 75000 copies of her hit single “A little bit” in Australia, she toured and performed in 17 nightclubs followed up by national TV appearances, radio and different magazines.
- She had her own hamburger value meal at the Finnish Carrol’s restaurants called Pandora’s Meal, a donut in Japan called Pandora and also got her own Barbie-doll in Australia.
- The Swedish rock stars as Kent, Håkan Hellström and Lars Winnerbäck have one thing in common. They have all together sold fewer records than Pandora. Source; Ronnie Sandahl, Daily Newspaper Aftonbladet.
- Japan Radio Hit Reward. The song “Tell the world” was 1 six months on ZIP FM in Nagoya. A record for the station.
- After 18 Japanese visits and touring with her live band twice in the country the Japanese has given her the cute nick name “Panchan”.
- Pandora has "the best-selling abroad artist" record on Universal Japan. Pandora has been invited twice as a guest artist to the popular Japanese TV show “Yuromo Hippare” were she performed singing in Japanese.
- Pandora is the only artist who’s been the main act for four consecutive years at the Finnish rock festival Ranta Rock, with an audience of 40000 people. The tradition has made the audience singing happy birthday for her every year since it’s always occurring around her birthday.
- Sang a duet "Look In My Eyes" with Bobby Summer on his "Casanova" album on 2002.