Pandora(Anneli Magnusson) is a swedish artist. She was most popular during the mid 1990s in the Nordic countries, in Asia and Australia in the end of 1990s to mid 2000s. Pandora has released 12 albums since 1993.
At the begining her musical style was eurodance and in the 2000s style changed more mature and pop orientated. After 2006 she changed her style back to dance music.
- Name: Karin Anneli Catarina Pandora Magnusson
- Born: June 20, 1970
- Eyes: Blue
- Height: 1,63 m
- Son: Leon(born 2004)
- Fiancee: Mikko Peltonen(born 1982)
Because Pandora’s website has a comprehensive biography it would be stupid to copy it here, so I recommend reading it from there. https://www.pandora.se/bio/
Did you Know?
- Recorded a duet called “Every second beat” with no less than Eric Martin from the US rock band Mr Big. The song was written by guitarist Kee Marcello, from the worldwide famous rock band Europe.
- In 1999 Pandora recorded the song “On a night like this” in the UK with famous producers Metro Production (Tina Turner, Enrique Iglesias, Cher, Celine Dion). The year after, i.e. year 2000, Kylie Minouge recorded a similar version of the song and performed it at the Olympics in Sydney. The “theft” of Pandora’s song became big news in the Daily Mag – The Sun.
- During 2001 Pandora’s hit single ”Don´t Worry” was the most played song of the year on Radio NRJ in Finland.
- Pandora participated in Melodifestivalen twice with the songs ”You,” in 2003, and ”Runaway,” in 2004.
- After selling more than 75000 copies of her hit single “A little bit” in Australia, she toured and performed in 17 nightclubs followed up by national TV appearances, radio and different magazines.
- She had her own hamburger value meal at the Finnish Carrol’s restaurants called Pandora’s Meal, a donut in Japan called Pandora and also got her own Barbie-doll in Australia.
- The Sands Of Time has been covered by Finnish artist Maarit Peltoniemi(Ajan Hiekkaa Vain) and Estonian artist Marju Länik(Ma Tean – Et Lootus Jääb). Come On And Do It was covered by Italian project Lita Brown.
- Sang a duet ”Look In My Eyes” with Bobby Summer on his ”Casanova” album on 2002.
More fun facts at https://www.pandora.se/press/did-you-know-this/